Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dear Mother-in-Law

The way you walk unsteadily,
But those wrinkled hands made dishes heavenly
Your words are straightforward, sometimes spicy
But it contains nectar with perfect quality

Tenacity of yours become an allurement 
Upon the reflection of the ideal mother on earth

I grabbed your hand in the middle of our walk
I sustain half weight of yours when you said tired on your footsteps
We laughed off the humority of our different generations
The curve of your face overshadowing me by the figure of your son, my husband

What have I got sometimes beyond the things which I earn from my mom
You missed your grandchildren, you say
You missed the excitement in the middle of your living room which now is hollow
The curve of your face overshadowing me by the figure of your son, my husband

You said, every descendants of yours should be mature by their educations
"Do not repeat the failure of my times"
Economic problems snatched your opportunity
Your chance to gain the precious time in knowledge, you say

You said with the trembling lips
And eyes glazed with tears which almost spill
My heart melts
I held my bleary as well

Dear mother-in-law
Our lives would be much better
A promise will I hold till further
For the sake of your son, my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment